Welcome to our website
Are you a Belgian who has recently moved to India and would like to register with the embassy or consulate-general? Did you loose your passport while you were travelling through India as a tourist? Do you need to apply for a visa in order to travel to Belgium? Do you want to do business in Belgium or India? Then you’ve come to the right address.
This website will keep you up to date on consular matters that are specifically applicable to Belgians in India, current news from Belgian foreign policy and other useful information or upcoming events.
Due to the coronavirus and in order to restrict the spread of the virus, all non-essential travels from all third countries to the Schengen Member States has been temporary suspended for a period of 30 days, from 16 March 2020.
This temporary travel restriction is not applicable to :
- all EU citizens and citizens of the Schengen Associated States, and their family members;
- third-country nationals who are long-term residents under the Long-term Residence Directive and persons deriving their right to reside from other EU Directives or national law or who hold national long-term visas.
From this moment onwards only a very limited amount of travelers with an essential function or need can apply for a visa :
- Healthcare professionals, health researchers, and elderly care professionals;
- Transport personnel engaged in haulage of goods and other transport staff to the extent necessary;
- Diplomats, staff of international organisations, military personnel and humanitarian aid workers in the exercise of their functions;
- Passengers in transit;
- Passengers travelling for imperative family reasons;
- Persons in need of international protection or for other humanitarian reasons.
Please note that VFS is currently keeping the visa applications centers open. Visa-applications that do not fit the above exceptions will not be accepted and processed.
Following de confirmation of some cases in the countries of the jurisdiction, we recommend to consult the website of the WHO regularly.
The statement of the Institute of Tropical Medicin (Antwerp) is accessible via : https://www.wanda.be/en/landen/china/
Additionally, the FPS Public Health has published a list of frequently asked questions in Dutch or in French regarding the coronavirus, which will be updated regularly.
Fraudulent and unlawful use of advertisements in the name of Belgian diplomats
The Embassy advertises exclusively via official channels, not via commercial websites. So beware of online offers of car sales etc., job offers and scholarships.