Home Actualites Réceptionniste / Agent de soutien téléphonique et administratif (permanent)
Réceptionniste / Agent de soutien téléphonique et administratif (permanent)
Date:18 août 2021
As a multi-skilled receptionist / telephone and administrative support operative for the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai, you are the primary contact for all the visitors of the Consulate at the reception and over the phone. You are also tasked with small administrative functions such as legalization, contacting vendors and suppliers and obtaining quotations, monitoring the needs of the Consulate in terms of maintenance (fire panel, phone lines, printer) and other small tasks. You will also assists the trade sections with administrative work (photocopies, research, order of provisions, data entry, …).
Examples of tasks
As a Receptionist, you :
• Welcome the visitors and ask them about the purpose of their visit
• Provide initial information
• Receive or issue, if necessary, the basic documents
• Direct/guide the visitors to the adequate rooms
• Process courier requests
• Sign deliveries, warn and/or transmit them to the addressees
As Telephone operative, you :
• Answer the call and ask about the purpose of the call
• Provide initial information by phone
• Transfer the calls to the persons concerned or, in case of an absence, to another employee
• Record a message accurately
• Update the telephone list of contacts of the post, partner organizations, embassy staff, …
• Switch on or off the telephone system or the answering machine
As Administrative support operative, you:
• Make photocopies, scan documents
• Legalization of documents
• Sort and collect incoming and outgoing mail
• Check invoices
• Search for information and documents for a manager or a service (via Internet).
• Contact suppliers in order to benefit from offers and carry out an initial analysis in order to make proposals to the management
• Manage the inventory for the stationary and office provisions
REQUIRED DEGREE AND COMPETENCES
• Degree: minimum bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
• Experience: Experience as a telephone operative/receptionist is an asset
• General behavioral skills: Be able to work in a team, be service-oriented (towards internal and external users), show respect, be reliable/trustworthy/loyal, be able to adapt/be flexible, be capable of developing yourself, invest in order to achieve your goals.
• Knowledge, technical skills:
o Languages : English (written and spoken), Hindi (spoken)
o Knowledge of ICT tools : Proficient user of Office tools (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
o Good writing skills in English: communication via emails and contacting outside vendors
o Excellent oral skills : contact with visitors and primary contact over the phone for Belgian citizens and visa applicants, calling suppliers and contractors (in English and Hindi, any knowledge of other Indian languages, e.g. Gujarati, Marathi, is an advantage)
• Are an asset:
o Knowledge of any other Belgian national language (French or Dutch) and Indian language (Gujarati, Marathi,…);
o Having worked abroad/in an international environment
The first selection will be based on the cv and motivation letters received.
The selected applicants will be called for an interview at the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai. This interview will test the general behavior skills as well as the knowledge/technical skills.
This interview may include practical tests (e.g. drafting a letter in English, collecting and sorting various quotations, simulating a contact with a visitor or phone call, etc).
WE ARE OFFERING
• An international work environment, in a small and dynamic team.
• Attractive salary (from 3 to 3.5 lakhs annually depending on previous work experience) + yearly bonus and transport allowance
• Employee Provident Fund
• Hospitalization insurance
• Full time position
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation letter via email to : email@example.com mentioning clearly in the title “Application for the position of receptionist” before Wednesday 1st September (close of business).
For any questions related to this position, please contact the Consulate General by email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address of the Consulate of Belgium : TCG Financial Centre, 7th floor C-53, G-Block, BKC, Bandra (E) 400098 Mumbai, India