Home Actualites (CLOSED) Offre d'emploi: comptable et agent consulaire
(CLOSED) Offre d'emploi: comptable et agent consulaire
Date:13 décembre 2019
The Belgian Consulate in Mumbai is looking for an:
- Expert administrative operative to handle the accounts of the Consulate and the administrative files of Belgian citizens
- Permanent contract
As an expert administrative operative in accounting and consular fields for the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai, you manage the post's accounts and budget, including GST refunds according to the instructions and standards in force. You will also be responsible for the administrative files of Belgian citizens (handling passports and identity card requests, drafting consular attestations, give general information, ...)
Examples of task
As an accounting file manager, you:
- Manage the files concerning the post's accounts according to the instructions and standards in force and under the manager's supervision
- Encode and update data in the required accounting systems
- Prepare various documents or useful information according to the schedule: remuneration receipts, bonus tables, calculation of promotions, etc.
- Plan budgets according to the planned timetable: budget preview and review.
- Assess the available funds (in cash and at the bank) and point out possible problems (overspending, liquidity shortfall, etc.)
- Make payments
- Manage correspondence with banks or other third parties in the frame of the accounting files.
- Archive accounting items and documents according to the instructions or a logical order.
- Help with renegotiation or contracts when possible or necessary with a view to budgetary savings).
- Handle the GST and VAT returns of the consulate and the diplomats.
As Consular officer, you:
- Welcome and receive the frontline questions, requests and documents or Belgian (or foreign citizens) in order to provide a response or immediate help or to convey / transmit them to the manager
- Inform and answer requests by e-mail, telephone; if necessary, forward them to a manager
- Question / guide / advise / help the applicant with procedures (eg passports, identity cards, etc.)
- Prepare certificates and various acts and documents for Belgian citizens
- Contribute to the organization of elections for Belgians in the host country
- Update various databases, including the crisis database, website with new instructions, etc.
- Reply to mail from Belgian or foreign citizens, local authorities, honorary consulates, etc. pertaining to consular affairs
- Be a duty staff member - take part in the rotation for the duty phone (emergency cases outside office hours)
Required Degree and Competences
Degree: Bachelor degree or equivalent relevant experience
Experience: 5 year working experience or which at least one year experience in handling the accounts of a company / NGO / institution and / or experience in a consular section.
General behavioral skills: Be able to work in a team, be service oriented (internal and external users), show respect, be reliable / trustworthy / loyal, be able to adapt / be flexible, be capable of developing yourself, invest in order to achieve your goals
Knowledge, technical skills
Written and spoken: perfect English
Written and spoken: French and / or Dutch (level B2)
Knowledge of ICT tools: Advanced user of Office tools: Excel, Outlook, Word, Powerpoint,
Excellent writing skills (answering emails and writing letters)
Excellent oral skills: answering all queries from Belgian citizens on the phone, welcoming them at the counters for their administrative requests,…
Be able to use a software and handle databases (all the accounts are handled through a software and the files of the Belgians are also updated online)
Are an asset
Knowledge of another Belgian national language (French, Dutch and German) and of another Indian language (Gujarati, Marathi, etc.).
- The first selection will be based on the CV and motivation letters received.
- The selected applicants will be called for an interview at the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai. This interview will test the general behavioral skills as well as the knowledge / technical skills.
- This interview will include practical tests (eg knowledge of French or Dutch, knowledge of the procedure for GST refunds, logical problems, etc.)
We are offering
- An international work environment, in a small and dynamic team.
- An attractive salary and a transport allowance
- Hospitalization insurance
- Employee Provident Fund
- Possibility of training in India / Belgium
How to apply
Please send your resume and motivation letter via email to: email@example.com mentioning clearly in the title "Application for the position of expert administrative operative in accounting and consular fields" by Monday, 6th January 2020
For any questions related to this position, please contact the Consulate General by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Address of the Consulate of Belgium: TCG Financial Center, 7th floor C-53, G-Block, BKC, Bandra (E) 400098 Mumbai, India