Home Actualites (CLOSED) Agent administratif pour la section des visas (contrat temporaire)
(CLOSED) Agent administratif pour la section des visas (contrat temporaire)
Date:09 janvier 2020
As a multi-skilled administrative operative in the visa section of the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai, you prepare, encode and monitor the visa applications in accordance with the procedures and regulations in force. You also welcome visitors (both foreign and Belgian citizens) at our front desk and treat their questions, requests and documents, provide immediate help and/or response or convey/transmit them to your superior.
Examples of tasks
As a Back office operative, you :
• Handle the visa applications
• Check documents and complete applications, if necessary by contacting the applicant,
• Check the authenticity of documents (if necessary)
• Prepare the application files and give your preliminary advice to the visa agents on the basis of the submitted documents and contacts with the applicant.
• Where needed, prepare application files for the Belgian Immigration Office and answer its questions or those from other authorities
• Follow-up of visa applications from time of receiving till final decision
• Reply to mails from Belgian or foreign citizens, local authorities, honorary consulates, etc. pertaining to consular affairs (visa matters)
As Front office operative, you :
• Inform the applicants about the documents needed, regulations and procedures, timelines, etc.
• Answer requests by e-mail or telephone and, if necessary, forward them to a superior
• Receive and examine the documents presented
• Guide/advise/help the applicant with procedures
• Conduct relevant interviews
• Register application files in the software according to the pertaining rules
• Inform the applicant about the outcome of his application
REQUIRED DEGREE AND COMPETENCES
Degree : minimum bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
Experience : At least six months experience in a (Schengen) visa section or similar position
General behavioral skills : Be able to work in a team, be service-oriented (towards internal and external users), show respect, be reliable/trustworthy/loyal, be able to adapt/be flexible, be capable of developing yourself, invest in order to achieve your goals
Knowledge, technical skills
• Written and spoken : perfect English
• Spoken : Hindi, knowledge of French and/or Dutch is an asset
o Knowledge of ICT tools : Advanced user of Office tools : Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel
o Excellent writing skills in English (answering emails and writing letters related to visa queries)
o Excellent oral skills : answering all queries pertaining to visa applications over the phone, conducting interviews with the applicants (in English and Hindi, any knowledge of other Indian languages, e.g. Gujarati, Marathi, is an advantage)
o Be able to use a visa software program (all visa applications need to be encoded) and learn the procedures and regulations in matters of visa.
Are an asset :
o Knowledge of any other Belgian national language (French, Dutch and German) and Indian language (Gujarati, Marathi,…);
o Having worked abroad/in an international environment
The first selection will be based on the cv and motivation letters received.
The selected applicants will be called for an interview at the Consulate of Belgium in Mumbai. This interview will test the general behavior skills as well as the knowledge/technical skills.
This interview may include practical tests (e.g. drafting a letter in English, examining a visa file, simulating an interview of a visa applicant, etc)
WE ARE OFFERING
• An international work environment, in a small and dynamic team.
• Attractive salary (depending on previous work experiences) + transport allowance
• Hospitalization insurance
• Seven months contract (1st March -30th September 2020)
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and motivation letter via email to : email@example.com mentioning clearly in the title “Application for the position of visa officer” before Monday 20th January (close of business).
For any questions related to this position, please contact the Consulate General by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Address of the Consulate of Belgium : TCG Financial Centre, 7th floor C-53, G-Block, BKC, Bandra (E) 400098 Mumbai, India