Home News Job Opportunity: Political & Global Affairs Officer
Job Opportunity: Political & Global Affairs Officer
Date:02 August 2018
The Embassy of Belgium in New Delhi represents the Belgian interests in India, Nepal, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and Bangladesh. Our aim is to bring our bilateral relations to the next level. High-quality analysis and reporting of political and economic developments, the defense of Belgian interests, policies and perspectives, consular services for Belgian nationals, issuing of visas, conducting of public diplomacy, implementation of projects, and much more are all part of our mission.
Under the overall supervision of the Ambassador, as Political & Global Affairs Officer you will closely follow up on political and policy-developments in our jurisdiction and be involved in collaborations related to the adoption of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Paris Agreement on Climate Change. As part of a small and flexible team, you will contribute to our understanding and analysis of global challenges and technological innovations, international and local policies and politics, prepare official visits, organize events and ensure follow-up. You will represent the Embassy in meetings and public events. When required, you are ready to work outside regular office hours, and to fulfill back-up duties for other members of the team. Occasional travel may be required.
Job description & examples of specific tasks
- Monitoring and researching political, legislative, foreign policy and economic developments in India and the other countries of our jurisdiction;
- Drafting high-quality reports, background notes, briefing material and minutes of meetings;
- Organizing visits and other events;
- Developing and maintaining a strong network of contacts in the above related fields;
- Contributing to our public diplomacy & social media efforts;
- Preparing presentations and speeches and, occasionally, deliver them;
- Attending relevant conferences, seminars and lectures and providing feedback;
- Represent the Embassy at official meetings as requested.
Education, training and experience
- Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. International Relations, Political Affairs, International Affairs, Sociology, Communication Studies, Law, or similar;
- A minimum of 2 years in private sector or government affairs with involvement in international relations is a must. Demonstrated experience with analysis of political and legislative affairs in our area of activity will be an advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Indian and South Asia political affairs and international relations.
- High-level fluency in English and Hindi is essential, both oral and written;
- Knowledge of another Indian language, and of Dutch or French, are an asset;
- Good knowledge of standard IT office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Social Media (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram);
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills;
- Good time management skills;
- A pro-active and dynamic team player, who is able to work autonomously;
- Flexibility and ability to function successfully in a multicultural and multilingual environment;
- High ethical standards, reliability and trustworthiness.
Contract and Financial Package
- 1 year contract, starting October 1st 2018, with a 3-month trial period
- Possibility of renewal
- Monthly salary: 73.025 INR
- Monthly Transport allowance: 3.292,40 INR
- Medical insurance : partly covered by the Embassy
Submitting your application
- Your application should include a curriculum vitae (not exceeding 2 pages, clearly structured, including a photograph) and a motivation letter (not exceeding 2 pages) addressing the skills and experience you can bring to the position;
- Applications must be submitted by e-mail at email@example.com with following subject line: “Job application –Political Affairs & Global Affairs Officer”;
- The deadline for submission of applications is August 21, 2018, 3PM. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered;
- Candidates are advised that background and references check-up will be conducted;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview;
- Unsuccessful candidates will receive notice by e-mail.